- Daily Essentials
- Mouth Fresheners & Digestives
- Fennel Seeds Lucknow | Saunf
Fennel Seeds Lucknow | Saunf
Lakhnavi Fennel Seeds are naturally sweet and taste slightly different from other Fennel Seeds.Its small, crunchy seeds can be used as a perfect finishing touch. This exceptional fennel can be used ground, whole or even grilled. Suitable for any ... Read More
Fennel Seeds Lucknow | Saunf - 500 Gram
300 220 27 % OFF
Fennel Seeds Lucknow | Saunf - 250 Gram
150 110 27 % OFF
Fennel Seeds Lucknow | Saunf - 1 Kg
600 440 27 % OFF
Lucknow fennel seed has a bold, licorice flavor that supports other flavors well, and has long been the darling of south Asian chefs. Lucknow fennel is prized for its particular sweetness and aroma. Lucknow fennel is a special type of fennel seed. Small, crunchier, stronger and much sweeter with a very grassy taste. You may have had it with it was covered in a bright candy coating and offered in a small bowl at Indian restaurants. As such it is widely used as an after dinner breath freshener or to enhance flavor in sweet dishes. The fennel is primarily grown in Lucknow, the capital city of Uttar Pradesh, the most populous state of India. Often they are eaten plain as a breath freshener or a digestive, but can be used in lighter foods where it's distinctive qualities won't be lost.
- Fennel has an even longer history as a medicinal. The toasted seeds are often chewed as a digestive aid.
- Owing to the invigorating and purifying effects that fennel has over the human body it can help eliminate toxins and inflammations from the body.
- Fennel contains large amounts of alpha-pinene which acts as an expectorant to help reduce cold symptoms and reduce coughing.
- A highly aromatic and flavorful herb with culinary and medicinal uses, and, along with the similar-tasting anise, is one of the primary ingredients of absinthe.
Common Names: Florence Fennel, Finnochio, Lucknow Fennel Seed, Lakhnavi Fennel Seed