Triphala has been used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine since ancient times as a multi-purpose treatment for symptoms ranging from stomach ailments to dental cavities. It is also believed to promote longevity and overall health
Triphala is a mixture of the dried fruits of the following three plants native to India.
- Amla (Emblica officinalis)
- Bibhitaki (Terminalia bellirica)
- Haritaki (Terminalia chebula)
Triphala is promoted as a treatment for a number of common ailments and way to prevent chronic disease.
- Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- May Protect Against Certain Cancers
- May Protect Against Dental Disease and Cavities
- May Aid Weight Loss
- Can Be Used as a Natural Laxative
The information is for educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.