Superfood makhana are rich in proteins and fibre and low in fat. 100 grams of makhana gives around 347 calories of energy. There are around 9.7 grams of proteins and 14.5 grams of fibre in makhana. Makhanas are a very good source of calcium. They also contain magnesium, potassium and phosphorus in good amount. Few vitamins in less quantity are also present in makhana.
Health Benefits of Makhana (Fox Nuts) Are:
- Fox nuts have really high protein content.
- Fox nuts make for great anti-ageing food as they have an abundance of anti-oxidants.
- Fox nuts are great snack food for diabetics and heart patients as they contain good fat and have a low quantity of saturated fats.
- Fox nuts are high in fibre.
- Fox nuts are great detoxifying agents.
- Fox nuts help in aiding fertility issues
- Fox nuts have a low glycemic index which means that they release glucose slowly in the blood.
- Those suffering from wheat allergies can gorge on fox nuts as they are gluten-free but still high on protein and carbohydrate content.
- They are high on magnesium and potassium and low on sodium.
- Fox nuts have a natural compound, kaempferol that reduces inflammation in the body.