Kutki | Katuka | Picrohiza Kurroa
Arab: Kharabake | Assamese: Katki, Kutki | Bengali: Katuki, katki | Chinese: Hu huang lian | English: Picrorrhiza, yellow gentian, Picroliv | Gujarati: Kadu, katu | Hindi: Kutki, kardi, karoi, karu, karwi, katuka | Kannada: Katukarohini, ... Read More
Kutki | Katuka | Picrohiza Kurroa - 100 Gram
340 260 24 % OFF
Kutki | Katuka | Picrohiza Kurroa - 250 Gram
850 650 24 % OFF
Kutki | Katuka | Picrohiza Kurroa - 500 Gram
1700 1300 24 % OFF
Kutki | Katuka | Picrohiza Kurroa - 1 Kg
3400 2600 24 % OFF
Kutki herb is one of those powerful herbs which serve many better purposes of human life. From healing your stomach to increase your immune system, this powerful plant has a lot more than that.
Benefits of Kutki herb.
1. Good for Heart Health
Kutki is also given as a cardio-tonic for its health-giving benefits for the heart. Kutki is antioxidant-rich and can fight inflammation, it is great for your cardiovascular health overall. Its anti-inflammatory components like apocynin can help prevent blockage formation in the arteries and may help you ward off heart attacks. Researchers have even suggested its potential use in antithrombotic drugs which act by preventing platelets from clumping and forming clots.
2. Boosts Appetite and Helps with Weight Management
If you are dealing with a sluggish appetite and just don’t feel like eating, a dose of kutki may be just what the doctor ordered. It stimulates gastric secretions and improves your appetite. Literature even suggests its use in countering anorexia – by improving your ability to eat; it may help fight symptoms like extreme weight loss and fatigue.
On the other side, if you are struggling with a weight problem, kutki can step in there too. It has the ability to boost the digestive fire (aqni), improve metabolism, and keep your bowel movements regular, helping you cut fat accumulation and manage weight better.
3. Promotes better digestion
Kutki is an herb which improves your digestion power and gives you a better lifestyle. Problems like bowel movements, constipation, excessive gas formation, can be reduced by consuming kutki. Additionally, kutki plant has laxative properties, which treats constipation, nausea and vomiting.
4. Boosts Immunity
Kutki herb can boost your immune system easily. Kutki extracts can help you in increasing the lymphocytes, white blood cells that are a vital part of the immune system. Besides that, it majorly increases the level of cell signals in your body. These cells have an involvement in maintaining the immune defenses of the body.
5. Fights Fever
Finely powdered kutki can be mixed with warm water and sugar and given for fevers. Kutki decoction with ghee is also recommended. Root of the kutki plant, while bitter to taste, is useful for soothing a fever. Its anti-pyretic properties mean that it can cool the body down, bringing down even a high fever.
6. Eases Arthritic Pain
Studies on kutki recommend that it prevents the inflammation associated with arthritis, making it a promising possible therapeutic option for the condition. Clinical trials on people with osteoarthritis as well as arthritic pain of the spine have yielded positive results.
7. May have Respiratory Benefits
Ayurveda suggests the use of kutki in treating respiratory problems including asthma and bronchitis. Its muscle relaxant, anti-inflammatory, and immune-boosting effects are all well established. But while this might make it seem like the perfect remedy, actual research and trials have failed to back this up yet. In one study, taking the root powder even at high doses (900 mg daily) failed to be very effective at improving lung function, preventing bronchial asthma, or treating it. Further research is needed on this front to establish whether kutki could help with such respiratory problems.
8. Gives you a better skin
Kutki can make your skin glow and reduces many skin problems. It has many antioxidant properties to treat skin disorders. In fact, if anyone is having dermatitis, skin allergies, deep wounds, consuming kutki can reduce them.
9. Prevent Psoriasis
Psoriasis is caused due to certain skin infections or due to injury on the skin from where bacterial infection starts. Once the body’s immune system gets strong, it automatically cleanses blood and colon, killing all the harmful bacteria. Kutki is known for removing excess “pitta” (bile) and heat from the body, hence it controls and prevents itching, burning sensation on the skin; clear out plaques and scales, helping psoriasis patients to get treated soon.
10. Better Liver function
Kutki plant has the power to support your liver function by secreting bile which helps your liver enzymes to come down at the normal levels. So, this herb can protect the liver which becomes weaker after consuming toxins, including alcohol, cigarette smoke, and certain medications. Thus, kutki cleanse the liver and make it work better.
Traditional uses and benefits of Kutki
- Dried rhizome is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiperiodic, cathartic (in large doses), cholagogue, laxative (in smaller doses), stomachic and bitter tonic.
- Root contains a number of very bitter glucosides including kutkin and picrorhizin.
- It also contains apocynin, which is powerfully anti-inflammatory and reduces platelet aggregation.
- Rhizome was shown to boost the immune system and to have a specific action against the parasie Leishmania donovani, which causes the tropical parasitic disease called leishmaniasis.
- Rhizome has a very beneficial effect upon the liver and digestive system and is used in the treatment of a wide range of conditions including fevers, constipation, dyspepsia and jaundice.
- It is also often used in the treatment of scorpion stings and snake bites.
- There is also some evidence that the rhizome can be of help in the treatment of bronchial asthma and a number of auto-immune diseases such as psoriasis and vitiligo, whilst it has also been shown to reduce blood cholesterol levels and reduce coagulation time.
- Rhizome is gathered in the autumn and dried for later use.
- It improves appetite and stimulates gastric secretions.
- It is useful for asthma, cold, and cough, and also administered in liver complaints, anemia, and jaundice.
- Plant is used as a substitute or adulterant of Gentiana kurroa.
- It has been used to treat disorders of the liver and upper respiratory tract, chronic diarrhea, and scorpion sting.
- It is used in the treatment of Vitiligo, Jaundice, hepatitis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- It is very useful in relieving intestinal worm infestation.
- It is useful in weight loss treatment.
- It is beneficial for restoration of liver functions after alcohol toxicity.
- It is helpful in patients suffering from cough and dyspnea.
- Seedpods are aphrodisiac, carminative, emenagogue and stimulant in nature. It reduces fever, spasms and caries.
- It is very effective for Nose Bleed and Menorrhagia.
- It reduces Inflammation and gives relief from allergy and asthma.
- It reduces hyper acidity, increases the digestive fire and boosts the metabolism.
- It maintains the blood sugar level in the Body.
- It is good for skin disorders as eczema and Psoriasis. It makes the Skin clear and radiant.
- It is useful for Liver, Spleen and Gallbladder issues.
- It is good for Urinary Tract Infections.
- It treats Hormonal imbalance.
- It treats Nausea, Diarrhea and Constipation.
- It is good for Arthritis and related conditions.
- Locals use it to cure diseases such as high fever and stomachache.
- Boil the root decoction with honey helps to treat stomachache.
- In traditional Tibetan medicine, Kutki is used to prevent hepatic injury.
- In Nepal, Kutki is used for treating skin diseases, coughs, indigestion, fever, jaundice, liver disease, metabolic disorders and hepatitis.
- In Pakistan, Kutki is used as a remedy for bronchial asthma, coughs, diseases related to kidney, liver, blood and skin.
- It is also used for scorpion sting.
The information is for educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.