- Ayurvedic Herbs
- Herbal Seeds
- Khubkala | Khaksi | Hedge Mustard | Sisymbrium irio Linn.
Khubkala | Khaksi | Hedge Mustard | Sisymbrium irio Linn.
English: Hedge Mustard, Desert Mustard | Hindi: Khub Kalaan, Khaaksee, Khaaksi, Khubkala | Marathi: Ranteekhee | Punjabi: Jangli Sarson, Maktrusa, Maktaroosaa | Telugu: Jeevakamu | Urdu: Khubakalan, Khaksi, Khaksir, Khub Kalan, Shaba | Unani: ... Read More
Khubkala | Khaksi | Hedge Mustard | Sisymbrium irio Linn. - 250 Gram
225 175 22 % OFF
Khubkala | Khaksi | Hedge Mustard | Sisymbrium irio Linn. - 100 Gram
90 70 22 % OFF
Khubkala | Khaksi | Hedge Mustard | Sisymbrium irio Linn. - 500 Gram
450 350 22 % OFF
Khubkala | Khaksi | Hedge Mustard | Sisymbrium irio Linn. - 1 Kg
900 700 22 % OFF
In treatment of piles the seeds of the plant are dried and powdered.
Pharmacological Properties of Seeds
- Expectorant: promotes the secretion of sputum by the air passages
- Anti-tussive: suppress coughing
- Restorative: restores normal health
- Febrifuge: reduce fever
- Rubefacient: topical application produces redness of the skin;useful in pain
- Antibacterial: destroys bacteria or suppresses their growth or their ability to reproduce ??????????
- Aphrodisiac: Having the effect of increasing sexual desire
- Cardio tonic: tonic effect on the action of the heart
Therapeutic Uses of Seeds Powder
- Asthma, cough
- Fever, hoarseness of voice
- Diseases due to vitiation of vata
- Diseases due to vitiation of kapha
- The decoction of seeds are given in case of measles and smallpox.
- For fever the seeds are boiled and given.
- The seeds are administered internally with rose water in cholera.
- In diarrhea, the seeds are given with leaves of Kaasni.
- Externally seeds are used as stimulating poultice.
- The leaves of the plants are also edible. They can be eaten as salads. They are rich in protein. Leaves also contain vitamins, minerals, fiber and carbohydrates. They contain about 82% moisture, 7% protein, 0.4% fiber, 8% carbohydrate, minerals (calcium, phosphorus, iron), and vitamins (vitamin A/beta-carotene and C).
The Dosage of the Seed powder:3-6 g.
The information is for educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.