Kamal ka Beej | Kawal Gatta | Nelumbo Nucifera
Kaml Bhij, Lotus seed, Nelumbo Nucifera, Kamal Beej
Kamal ka Beej | Kawal Gatta | Nelumbo Nucifera - 250 Gram
200 150 25 % OFF
Kamal ka Beej | Kawal Gatta | Nelumbo Nucifera - 100 Gram
80 60 25 % OFF
Kamal ka Beej | Kawal Gatta | Nelumbo Nucifera - 500 Gram
400 300 25 % OFF
Kamal ka Beej | Kawal Gatta | Nelumbo Nucifera - 1 Kg
800 600 25 % OFF
The seeds (Kamal beej/Kamal Gatta) are given for vomiting, leprosy, chronic diarrhea, in the high blood pressure, fevers, and as antidote to poisons. They are used as spleen tonic.
Nutritionally, lotus seeds consist of 10.5% moisture, 10.6-15.9% protein, 1.93-2.8% crude fat, 70-72.17% carbohydrate, 2.7% crude fibre, and energy 348.45 cal/100 g.
Minerals present in lotus seeds include chromium (0.0042%), sodium (1%), potassium (28.5%), calcium (22.1%), magnesium (9.2%), copper (0.0463%), zinc (0.084%), manganese (0.356%), and iron (0.199%).
- The seeds are Tonic, and eaten raw or roasted.
- They are demulcent, and nutritive.
- The seeds are high in protein, and encourage hormonal function. They are used as an aphrodisiac.
- The seeds or their extracts have been reported to possess anti-proliferative, anti-fibrosis, antidepressant, anti-inflammation, astringent, hepatoprotective, and free radical scavenging, anti-obesity, hypolipidemic, anti-inflammatory, immunomodulatory, and antiviral activities.
- Seed powder is used against cough. For Kasa / cough, powder of seeds 3 gram, is given with honey two times a day.
The information is for educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.