Maroor Phalli | Indian Screw Tree | Helicteres isora
Bengali: Antamora, Atmora, Antmora | English: East Indian screwtree, Red isora, Spiralbush, Deer’s Horn, Indian Screw Tree, Nut leaved screw tree | Gujarati: Mriga Shinga, Maradashingh, Maradashinghi, Murdasing | Hindi: Bendu, Marorphal, ... Read More
Maroor Phalli | Indian Screw Tree | Helicteres isora - 1 Kg
600 500 17 % OFF
Maroor Phalli | Indian Screw Tree | Helicteres isora - 100 Gram
60 50 17 % OFF
Maroor Phalli | Indian Screw Tree | Helicteres isora - 250 Gram
150 125 17 % OFF
Maroor Phalli | Indian Screw Tree | Helicteres isora - 500 Gram
300 250 17 % OFF
Different parts of the plant are traditionally used in the indigenous medicine system to cure various ailments.
Benefits of Screw Tree:
- Fruits are used to prepare medicines for children.
- Roots and the bark are used as an expectorant, demulcent, constipating and lactifuge and useful in colic, scabies, gastropathy, diabetes, diarrhea and dysentery.
- Fruits are used as astringents, refrigerant, stomachachic, antispasmodic, haemostatic and vermifuge.
- They are also used in griping of bowels, flatulence, colic, diabetes, diarrhea and dysentery.
- Root juice and fruits are topically applied to cure snake bite.
- Fruit powder mixed along some other herbs and spices is given to new mothers as laddoo (Indian sweet dish) in order to cope with post-delivery weakness.
- Stems of this plant are used as anti-helminthic, colic.
- Fruits are used as colic, anticonvulsant and abdominalgia.
- Root juice is said to be useful in diabetes, emphysema and snakebite.
- Leaf paste is claimed to be effective against various skin ailments such as eczema and scabies.
- Fruit pod extracts are found to be anti-dysenteric, vermifuge (colic).
- It is also used in flatulence, stomach ache, gout and as astringent.
- Fruits are fried in mustard oil and used to apply on the body of new born babies to relieve pain.
- Root decoction/juice and the paste are stated to be traditionally used in ISM against diabetes, diarrhea, emphysema, stomach afflictions and asthma.
- Extract is used as anthelmintic; for treatment of gastro-spasm on Java Island; and as an antispasmodic, antipyretic, anti-diarrheic and anti-dysenteric in Saudi Arabia.
- Fruits are used in diarrhea as well as constipation of new born baby.
- Aqueous extract of its root, one teaspoonful is given for 3-7 d for the treatment of dog-bite in Utter Pradesh.
- Tribals of Singbhum district of Bihar use the fruits as an amulet in neck to treat disease of malnutrition, which is locally known as Dubli disease among children.
- Powdered seeds are used to cure ulcers in ears, dysentery and stomachache.
- Seed powder is used as an aphrodisiac to improve the quality of the sperms, their total count.
- They are also used for improving physical stamina and strength.
- It is extensively used for general physical strengthening, anti-aging, blood sugar stabilization, injury healing, and urinary tract rejuvenation.
- It also enhanced brain functioning potency, bone healing, and kidney rejuvenation.
- It is use to maintain physical, sexual and mental strength and to maintain youth and long life.
- It is also effective in treating kidney, and lower back pain, threaten abortion, leucorrhoea, seminal debility efficient in treating dryness of the lungs and throat, consumptive diseases (lingering cough, dry cough), tuberculosis and blood- tinged sputum.
- Bark and fruits are used for anti-galactogogue, soothing, demulcent, expectorant, and useful in respiratory troubles, dysentery, diarrhea, diabetes, stomachache and scabies.
- Paste made of stem bark of Grewia tiliaefolia and Helicteres isora together with tuber of Amorphophallus paeoniifolius are applied for bone setting.
- Roots are used in cough, asthma and root paste are warmed and applied on boils.
- Mixture of water extracts of roots of Celastrus paniculatus, Helicteres isora, Imperata cylindrica and Rhynchosia minima given as an antidote for snake poison.
- Root extract of Woodfordia fruticosa along with extract of Helicteres isora is given as antidote in snakebite.
- Fruits or roots of Helicteres isora, seeds of Pongamia glabra and stem bark of Tinospora cordifolia mixed and crushed into powder and consumed to cure diabetes.
- Seed decoction or the aqueous extract of the seeds are used in dysentery and stomach pains.
- Paste of dried leaves, pepper and coconut oil is used in the treatment of skin ailments including eczema.
- Fruits are soaked in boiling oil and this oil is applied externally in stomach complaints of children.
- Fruit powder in beneficial for diarrhea and dysentery.
- It is considered that twigs placed on the door of the hut of a pregnant woman are beneficial for relieving the labor pains.
- Tribal use to hang a dry fruit in black thread on neck of children against pain, a fruit hung around the neck of a patient as a postpartum remedy.
- Fresh fruits are made into garland and tied as necklace for scabies.
- Fruits are tied to the waist of children to cure muscular pain, fever and swelling.
- Roots along with leaves of Phyllanthus reticulatus are pounded and the extract is given orally in insect bite.
- Fruits of Gardenia latifolia along with leaves of Jasminum auriculatum, stem bark of Helicteres isora pounded and the extract given orally for tympany.
- Roots along with those of Coccinia grandis and leaves of Jasminum auriculatum pounded and the extract given orally for tympany.
The information is for educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.